The "Two-Day Symposium on Satellite Communication Systems" hosted by DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, with the support of the IEEE Gujarat Section and IEEE Student Branch, DA-IICT purports to involve students in a cohesive drive with academia and industry towards excellence in Satellite Communication Systems.
This Symposium will attempt to cover matter relevant to giving Students and Professionals necessary knowledge and skill set to appreciate the rapidly changing scenario in Satellite Communication Systems and take advantage of this in furthering their career.
The Symposium is open to Professionals, Academicians, PhD, M-Tech, and B-Tech/BE Students who have taken a course in Satellite Communications.
This symposium will encompass interactive seminars discoursed by eminent people from Academia and Industry [ISRO] on various topics in Satellite Communication Systems. The lectures will be accompanied by the demonstration by Tata Sky, Gandhinagar and a Laboratory Session in the Radio Frequency Engineering Lab, DA-IICT .
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Satellite communication system
- Satellite link design
- Modulation techniques
- Multiple access techniques
- Orbital mechanics
- Launch vehicles and
- Satellite services such as :
- Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS)
- Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT)
- Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) System
- Iridium Satellite Services (ISS)
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 24th October, 2007
- Symposium Dates: 27 - 28th October, 2007