DA-IICT is an academic institution promoted by the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation and the Reliance Group, primarily aimed to impart Information and Communication Technology (ICT) education of international standards. Established amidst the lush green corridor of Gandhinagar, Gujarat, DA-IICT lives for the furtherance of education, research, and training in ICT. DA-IICT commenced activities from August 2001. DA-IICT is a research-led institute which houses world-class facilities such well-equipped labs with latest equipment and software, modern lecture theatres, a multi-cuisine canteen and on-campus residence.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Student Branch at DA-IICT endeavours to promote student awareness among students on the opportunities that exist in the field of electronics and electrical engineering. Our objective is to bridge the gap between industry and students studying in technology-related fields while promoting and providing an intellectually stimulating university environment for the student body. IEEE Student Branch, DA-IICT aims to provide an interactive platform for students to develop professional and technical abilities. Since the inception, it is successful in organizing various events with well-defined objectives.
IEEE appeared from the union of two engineering societies in the early sixties, the IRE (Institute of Radio Engineers) and the AIEE (American Institute of Electrical Engineers). The IEEE is essentially a society for Electrical and Computer Engineers, but it also welcomes Computer Scientists and Physicists. IEEE is what is known as a technical professional society. Every engineering branch has a technical professional society, Civil Engineering has ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), Mechanical Engineering has ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers).
What distinguishes IEEE from this other societies is the fact that IEEE is international. There are IEEE chapters in every continent, and in almost every country, and in those countries where IEEE is not established it has links with the local engineering societies, such as the case with IKE (Institution of Electrical Engineers) in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This makes IEEE the largest engineering society in the world.
1. Spectrum, a monthly magazine of IEEE (single copy costs $ 4, It is FREE with Member Subscription).
2. All Technical papers are freely accessible to IEEE members.
3. It gives you International Recognition as a member of the most active technical organisation(IEEE).
4. Helps you do research, get recognition & publish your work to the whole world.
5. You can have a personal email alias email id(firstname.lastname@example.org). Furthermore, it adds value to your resume.
6. Entry in various international events like IEEE Xtreme, etc.
7. You can be a part of groups of IEEE SB DA-IICT which are the SIG-embedded Programming, SIG-Mobile Application etc.
8. It gives you access to Digital library of IEEE, Job site of IEEE and IEEE TV on the internet.
9. Provides an opportunity to Represent college in Quarterly Meets, other meetings, etc.
10. Test your quality to lead others.
11. Join IEEE & get a life of an innovator - www.ieee.org/join.
2017 IAS Web Contest 3rd prize to IEEE IAS Student Branch of DA-IICT
First Prize and Travel Grant of $1600 to Harsh Thakkar, Jay Shah and Devam Shah in International Competition ‘CMD Students Robotics Demonstration Contest 2017’
"Outstanding Student Branch Chapter Chair" Award to Abhishek Parikh, Chairpeson, IEEE IAS SB Chapter DA-IICT 2017
Outstanding Large Chapter Award 2015 to IEEE IAS SB Chapter DA-IICT
Best Student Branch 2015, Gujarat Section
© 2018 IEEE SB DAIICT. All rights reserved | Design by Shail Kothari, IEEE SB, DA-IICT